Yesterday I drank too much wine. Those of you who know me also know this is may have happened on the odd previous occasion. You’ll also know that the reason for last nights overindulgence was that I was going slowly out of my mind waiting for a date for our adoption Panel. And yesterday should have been it. Only it wasn’t. Hence the wine.
Of the expletive type, not the sewn type.
- Renovated the whole house – just the outside and the sewing room to do over the next year (hopefully – but don’t tell Mr S!)
- Completed our assessment for adoption – all paperwork is now in and we are awaiting confirmation that we shall be at Panel on the 14th Jan.
- Mr S passed his Prince 2 qualification first time out and secured a great new job. Snaps for Mr S.
- I passed my Italian despite my complete lack of studying.
- I completed a basic pattern drafting course and now have a full set of blocks.
- We set the date for the wedding (not long now. Note to self – must lose weight and decide on wedding dress!)
Apparently its a bit of a family tradition that eternity rings are given before the wedding and who am I to argue. The picture really doesn’t do it justice but for the record its white gold set with aquamarines and diamonds. The aquamarines are the exact same colour as my engagement ring. He is a marvel. I’m still not over the shock and find myself using my left hand more than usual!
I CANNOT get rid of this bug. It’s driving me slowly round the bend. I sound like I’ve inhaled too much helium and I feel like roadkill. And all the time there is in my head the constant litany of things that need to be done and projects I want to complete.
- finished the back of Mr Stitches French holiday sweater, and cast on the front;
- made a further arm and leg for the doll I’m making my great-niece for Christmas (I’d rather stupidly only cut the poor creature one arm and leg initially)
- baked two batches of cupcakes for friend’s birthdays
- tidied the workroom
- started stitching birthday cross stitches for next year (too organised, but they do take a while to complete)
- had a lovely supper with Rick and Julia (just the loveliest people – and Charlie is besotted with Julia and pined for her all day Saturday after they left)
- spent 4 hours trawling the Internet trying (unsuccessfully I might add) to locate the last few Christmas presents for the difficult family member (you KNOW who you are!)
- made the Christmas pudding.
Yesterday the lovely Paula and I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate. Wow!!! is all I can say. Marvellous company and a superb show. I’ll photo the lovely goodies I bought (and there were many) and post about them soon.
Just thought I’d sneak a quick blog entry to let you know I’m still here. Not doing much of anything except socialising at the moment – such a hard life, I know.
How do I envy the American people this morning?