At the beginning of 2019 I set myself 6 goals. Whilst I’m a bit late to the party with a review of the year, I’m taking the time to look back at what I’d hoped to achieve, and what actually happened.
1…Make Maud more like meREAD MORE
Oh! Burda 7368 – how this blouse has tried and tested me.
A combination of drapey, shifty fabric and a less than stellar pattern, plus a couple of big schoolgirl errors really pushed me to the edge with this.READ MORE
So my first finished garment of 2019 hits it right out of the park!
Not only am I thrilled with the garment itself, but its made from stash fabric and a stash pattern, albeit the updated version.READ MORE
This is the moment we’ve all been waiting for….Maud’s new custom cover is fitted and stuffed.
This has been such an adventure. Both because this was the sewing of something completely alien to me, which stretched (pun intended) my sewing skill set, but also in terms of body confidence and acceptance. I think I need to ponder on that a bit more and revisit it in a separate post.
But for today I’m going to talk about the final stage – stuffing Maud’s cover to look like me.READ MORE
If you’re of a nervous disposition I suggest you go and find photos of kittens and cake on Instagram, and come back when I’ve finished this series. Closeup photos of my embonpoint* to follow!
Ok…I got to try on the Maud cover just before Dave and Summer headed out for karate last night, and my first thought was that the fit was really, really wrong. I know that I’m 52 and gravity it working its magic, but the bust line on this was way out!READ MORE