January has been such a strange month in these parts. The weather is damp and grey. Everywhere just looks gloomy. I’ve been wanting to be slow and hibernate with crafts, but life has other plans.
Life isn’t bad, just full. And we’ve added another furball to our family.
However, I suspect you’re here for the fabric.
You know I’m working to get fabric sewn and yarn knitted. And I recently had a tidy up in the sewing room to audit just what I had and start planning some sewing.
I realised that there were a number of pieces of fabric, which, whilst totally beautiful, just didn’t work for me any longer. It seems so wasteful to have them just sitting in a cupboard, gathering dust. So I’m offering them up for sale here.
- The puppy is NOT for sale! 😉
- The price shown is for the total length of fabric offered.
- The price doesn’t include shipping. If you let me know where in the world you are I’ll get you a quote for getting the fabric to you in the fastest time or cheapest cost, whichever is the most important to you.
- I am happy to ship worldwide if you’re happy to pick up the shipping/import costs.
- Fabric will be packed in a plastic shipping envelope to help keep it clean and dry in transit.
- I’ll ship fabric within 48 hours of payment being received (excluding Sundays!)
- First come/first served….please let me know in the comments that you’d like a piece and you’ll get first refusal.
- If you do decide to buy, I’d love payment within 48 hours please, or I’ll re-list the fabric.
- Payment by PayPal only, thanks.
- No returns. I’ll give you the best information I can about the fabric, and am happy to answer questions if you need more information before you decide to buy.
FABRIC A – Japanese Cotton Lawn
This is a glorious cotton lawn with a slight sheen to the finish. The top picture shows the mixes of colours in the abstract design. The bottom one gives you an idea of the drape.
Originally purchased from Miss Matatabi. You’ll need no help deciding what to make with this beauty!
QTY: 3 metres x 110 cm wide
PRICE: £25.00 (rrp for similar £45.00)
FABRIC B – Japanese Cotton Lawn
Japanese lawn with a matt finish and a beautiful blue and off-white floral print.
Originally purchased from Miss Matatabi. Again this is perfect for getting your summer sewing started early.
QTY: 3m x 110cm wide
PRICE: £25.00 (rrp for similar £45.00)
FABRIC C – Vintage Wool Suiting
A beautiful vintage wool suiting woven in England. A stunning check with subtle colours. This would make a perfect skirt or winter shorts. It would make a jacket but there is only 1.8m of this.
QTY: 1.8m x 150cm wide
FABRIC D – Vintage Fine Wool Suiting
This is a fine wool vintage suiting fabric. Again its woven in England. It’s hard to catch the colour on camera, I’d say the bottom photo is the most accurate colour representation.
This is beautiful. It would make stunning work wear or a more formal dress. Which was what I had planned for it, but it doesn’t work for my lifestyle any more.
QTY: 3m x 160cm wide
Fabric E – Animal Print Polyester Crepe
I purchased this fabric last year because I was so inspired to sew an animal print dress by Sewmanju. Sadly this print doesn’t go with my colouring so really does need a new home.
I even have lining to go with it!
QTY: 5m x 150 cm of main fabric / 4m x 148cm of lining
PRICE: £30.00 (rrp £45 for main and £10 for lining)
Fabric F – Vintage Wool Coating
This is a most gorgeous wool coating weight in a beautiful green colour. Even if you don’t want to do a traditionally tailored piece; this would be fabulous as a Helen’s Closet’s new Pona Jacket.
QTY : 3.2m x 150cm wide
FABRIC G – Vintage Wool Coating
I’ve been holding on to this piece until I’d completed a tailoring course later in the year. But having tried on several RTW camel coats this winter, and a bit of tough talk, I realise that I have to let it go.
It is the most beautiful traditional coating fabric. The kind with a Melton-type finish so that every hand stitch can hide in the fabric.
It’s a classic camel colour and I’m really sad to part with it. But it’s the right thing to do.
QTY: 3.20 m x 150
There you go!
I do hope there is something you like here. If you’ve any questions just drop me an email at eviejones[at]me[dot]com. I’ll be happy to help.
Edited to include the correct email address! Apologies if you’ve been trying to contact me unsuccessfully.